Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Winter Fitness Plan

It's December 2nd and I'm still blinking my eyes in disbelief that 2009 has come and gone. It has been an amazing year with many fantastic adventures.

Running Recap 2009:
In January, I started running with Norm's Maggots again. The Tuesday workouts went well and I got to see definitive gains in my speed and endurance each week.

In March, I entered the Dupont Trail 12k and placed first in my age group. (00:47:08.97)

In early April, I ran the Mill Mountain Mayhem 10k and bagged a 2nd in my age group. (52.31.2)

In mid June I completed the Maggot's 2 mile time trial in 11:42 with an average pace of 5 minutes 51 seconds. (was shooting to break 6 minutes)

The next few months were pretty hit and miss due to my sailing adventure with Dad but when I got back to NC at the end of August I was able to cobble together a training plan and stick to it well enough to finish Shut-In on November 6th in 3hrs 37 minutes. I would have felt guilty about going so slow if I hadn't enjoyed myself and the beautiful fall weather in the woods so much.

Plans for 2010:
Here we are in December and its time to declare some goals for the new year. Brother Jason and I have decided to fire up the ole Kaizen engine again and will be racing an Odyssey 24hr race late in May. To prepare, we're going to spend the next 3 months going through the P90X program. I will still go for one long run each weekend but will mostly be focusing on the P90X workout plan during the week. After P90X, I'll likely start lining up running races and try to work in long bike rides on the weekends.

It's time to BRING IT!

No comments: