Sunday, December 2, 2007

Saturday Ride at Montreat

The Workout:

2.5 hour mtn bike ride
at Montreat





Saturday morning Paul and I headed up to Montreat. We parked at the Rainbow parking lot and rode up to the old Toll road on Rainbow trail. Halfway up, Paul started feeling bad and had to stop twice to try and hurl. A few minutes later I flatted my front tire. We had planned to ride out the toll road and hike up one of the knobs between Pott's Cove and Pinacle. He was feeling bad and we were running short on time so we decided to poach Trestle trail. It is a hiking only trail but a much more direct route back to the car. We did pass some friendly hikers and no one gave us a hard time. Before heading back down off the ridge, we left the bikes and hiked up to the top of Lookout Knob. The view of Montreat and Black Mountain were great. It felt good to get back on my bike again although I decided to finally upgrade to a full suspension bike. The search begins...

1 comment:

drew said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am that you're wearing shorts in December. Good luck on the bike hunt!