Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yoga, Sisyphus and Upperbody at Gym

The Workout:
AM Yoga
30 min upperbody at gym
30 Sisyphus

Yesterday, I woke up and did AM Yoga for the first time. It was tough getting in some of the stretching poses but felt great and seemed to give me a boost of energy throughout the morning. Later at the gym I did my usual upper body routine and then 30 minutes of Sisyphus.

On the Sisyphus, I started out at 4 mph, an incline of 12, my backpack full of water and clothing and a 20lb dumbbell . With very little warm up I pretty much blew up after 10 minutes. At that point I set down the dumbbell and throttled the treadmill back to 3.5 mph. After a minute or two I edged it up to 3.8mph. For the last 5 minutes I was feeling pretty good, picked up the dumbbell and cruised back up to 4mph. It was a good finish but I learned that my body doesn't respond well to being thrown right in the fire without a gradual warm-up and effort increase.

No comments: