Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick Lunch Run - 20 mins

THE WORKOUT:
20 minute run - med/high intensity

Today over lunch I ran down to the French Broad the back way through South Montford. From there, I took River road to the South Side of Smokey Park Bridge and took the sneak up the sketchy steps to the interstate. I was chucklin to myself about how Ben and I ran up on a dude getting a B.J. in his car by those steps about a year ago. Sure enough, there was a Jeep Cherokee parked up under the trees blocking the road so I had to pretty much right by the driver's side window. This time a dude had his face buried into the passengers chest. I sprinted up the steps trying to act like I hadn't noticed anything. Surely there must be a more discrete location to park one's car in all of Asheville for a little nookie. The run lasted 20 minutes and was kept to an average of 7:20 min/mile pace. Afterwards I stretched and did a little upperbody work (push-ups, crunches, plank)

No comments: