Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cleveland Winter Run

The Workout:

65 minutes of running
4 hill repeats (1 minute per)


This weekend Bethany, Ellie and I flew up to Cleveland to see my grandparents. It was a big surprise for them and was the first time they met their first great grandchild. All of my Aunts and Uncles surprised me by showing up and hanging out for the weekend. Sunday while most folks were laying down to take a nap I decided to do the tour de lake erie. I ran around the neighborhood and across the river to the city of Riverwood. On my way back, I found a great hill from down in the river basin to up on top of the crossing bridge. I did 4 repeats on this hill which was very satisfying. When I got back to grandma's house, I still felt pretty good so I ran North a few blocks... smack into Lake Erie. I have been going up to visit them for over 29 years and never knew their house was just 8 blocks away from the lake. I made a quick jaunt down into a private beach community but was turned away by a manned security booth. Wearing running shorts in 21 degree weather got me some seriously funny looks. In my defense, I did have on a long sleeve underamour shirt gloves and a warm hat.

No comments: