Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lunch Run - Base Training

The Workout:
70 minutes jogging - base pace


Today I set off south from work, ran through Beaucatcher tunnel and up Beaucatcher mtn road. Near the top I thought I might be able to link up to the south side of the ridge by staying on the mall side of the mountain. following this logic, I headed down all the way to Kettering road. Not finding a way back up and over from there, I turned around and retraced my steps to the top of Beaucatcher Road. I ran under the bridge and hung a left up Windswept road which winds south along the ridge crest. Next, I dropped down into Raven's crest apartments and crossed over reservoir road to what used to be a trail system. Developers have cut muddy road beds all along that section of mountains so I took a tour of the new area. The red mud was deep and sticky after last night's snow but I didn't really mind. I finished up by crossing over the radio tower land, winding down the trail system north to McCormick stadium and heading back to work on roads. I forced myself to keep an easy pace so my heart rate would stay nice and low. The hills didn't really help that endeavor but all in all, it was a great run. It was 30 degrees outside and the front of my abdomen is just now regaining feeling :o).

No comments: