Monday, March 3, 2008

Stair Master

The Workout:

Stair warm up - 1 to 20 build
5 laps x 6 flights of stairs (up and down)
walk around building cool down

Friday I didn't get a lunch break because of the usual Friday broken stuff frenzy. I needed to do something so I slid into the grove arcade stairwell and walked some stairs. To start off, I went to the first floor and did a stair build to 20. This is where you step up once and back down again. Now do two stairs and back down two, continuing until I hit 20 up and 20 down. Next, I descended to the basement and then hiked up to the 5th floor, stepping on every stair. Now back to the basement hitting every stair. On the next lap, I went up two stairs at a time and down on every stair. For the next 3 laps, I alternated between hitting every stair on the way up and every other stair on the way up but always hit every stair on the way down. It was pretty chilly outside but felt great just walking around the building for a cool down. The whole exercise took about 15 minutes.

No comments: