Monday, March 3, 2008

Trace Ridge - Biking

The Workout:

Mountain Biking
Spencer Gap -> Trace Ridge Loop (6 miles, 1200 ' el gain)
Fletcher Creek Rd -> Fletcher Creek Trail (7 miles, 900' el gain)
Duration: 4 hours

Sunday, Paul and I hit up the first semi-epic mtn bike ride of the season in which I got to try out the new ride. I could go on for an hour on the topic but it suffices to say that I was not disappointed. OK, OK... I will also say that it was fantastical, bordering on ridiculous. It was a beautiful bluebird day in the mid 60s and barely any traffic on the trail. Trace ridge is a super fast, long downhill with plenty of whoop-de-doos and water bars to jump/drop off of. The other highlight was checking out the myriad of beaver dams along fletcher creek trail. Cold New Castles from a cooler at the end definitely helped take the day to a new level.

I don't know if riding can get any better than that :o).

No comments: