Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cross training - 30 minutes

THE WORKOUT

10 minute jog warmup
20 minutes of running drills
10 minute jog cool down

Thursday I was feeling fairly recovered and jogged down to memorial stadium. It is one mile mostly downhill from work. I ran around a half of the soccer field alternating sides of the box between jogging and doing the following

running backwards 1 lap
side-to-sides 1 lap right
side-to-sides 1 lap left
high knees 1 lap
butt kickers 1 lap
karaoke 1 lap left
karaoke 1 lap right
chi-running focus 2 laps

Afterwards I practiced doing a few handstands and did a couple of lat pulls using the bleachers. It was 70 degrees and I had seriously forgotten what it is like to constantly have sweat in your eyes.

All in all a good workout but it really blew apart the idea that I'm still in good shape as my hamstrings and butt were VERY sore for the next two days.

No comments: