Friday, October 10, 2008

Barefoot Drills

The Workout:
1 mile jog
30 minutes running drills
1 mile jog

Today over lunch I set out for a recovery run from Wednesdays S.I. trail workout. I originally wanted to run an easy 3 miles and do a long stretch session but I discovered I had left my insoles in another pair of shoes at home. With no insoles, I put on my road shoes and tip toed down to Memorial Stadium. The field there is a nice bouncy rubberized artificial turf. When I got there it started sprinkling and I couldn't resist taking off my shoes and doing some running drills. After a good stretch and warm-up I ran through some typical soccer conditioning drills around the field including two sets of full field suicides. It felt awesome to be out in the rain. With nothing on but a pair of running shorts I got that good ole running light, fast and free feeling that I rarely experience any more when plodding along with a pack in an AR style workout. I will probably pay for going so fast this weekend in my long run but it was worth it.

No comments: