Friday, October 3, 2008

Lunch Run - Trail Efficiency

THE WORKOUT:
Run to UNCA Fitness Trail (added several hills en route)
Run 4 extended laps
Run back to work

I was torn about what to do today in lieu of actual Shut-In time. Bethany has to work a homecoming football game and won't be back until late. Since I'm doing 12 on the trail Sunday and I'm just coming off of a hill day I decided to just spend some time on trails getting my brain back in the groove of running efficiently through a sea of roots and rocks. I sort of made this one up as I went and originally intended to do 5 laps but ran out of time. It was a good workout. I have been paying close attention to my left knee to see if the big increase in running specific mileage is going to cause any problems. Everything seems OK so far. The key words for this weekend are LSD and UTM, "Long Slow Distance" and "Up the Mountain". Hopefully I can get some shut eye tonight!

No comments: