Sunday, June 8, 2008

Home - Bent Creek: Explorer MTB

The Workout:
3 hrs biking

I rode to Bent Creek this morning leaving the house at 5:25am. I intended to ride up through the Arboretum along the creek but after getting around the front gates, I ran into a 10' high locked fence all around the inner Arboretum property. It took around 15 minutes to ride around to the other entrance to Hard Times. From there, I did much the same loops that Jason and I did the other night. Homestead to Deerfield to Pine Tree to Explorer loops and back. I didn't kill it but did keep a steady pace. I almost ran over a turtle, copperhead snake and squirrel in that order. When I came off the bike on an obstacle, I tried it again until I got it. After that happening a lot, I finally started getting used to being on trails again. I am still not totally dialed in on the shifting ratios of my new bike but it gets better as I go. On the way out I got shut-down again by closed gates and had to ride out the long way on the road. I made it back home at 8:30 and dished up some eggs and toast for the family.

I wish I could have gone longer but it just wasn't in the cards this weekend time wise.

No comments: