Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gym Workout w/ Lonnie

The Workout:
Sisyphus - 30 min, 25lb plate, 12% incline,
                    3.0 mph first 5 min, 3.5 mph next 20 min, 4.0 mph last 5 min.
1 mile run - treadmill, 0 incline, 7.5 min
4 mile run - flat road

This weekend I hit the Shawsville YMCA with Lonnie. While he proceeded to lift ridiculous amounts of weight, I jumped right on the treadmill for a Sisyphus workout with a 25 lb plate. I eased into it going slow for the first 5 min, medium for the middle 20 minutes and fast for the last 5 minutes. When finished, I paused long enough to put up the weight and jumped back on for a 7.5 minute mile. Next, I let the treadmill smart cooldown until I was under 100 bpm heart rate. After checking on Bradley in the library, I filled up my water pack and ran home at a chill but consistent pace. It was all Forest Gumpy running along dragging my left hand in the wheat fields on that 3 mile straight away.

No comments: