Saturday, May 31, 2008

2 mile walk and bike demo

The Workout:
2 mile walk
15 minute Mtn Bike Demo

I got a line on a briefly used bike identical to mine and walked down to the shop during lunch yesterday to check it out. The walk was hot but good. Unfortunately, while the price on the bike was pretty sweet at $1000 and it had only been owned for 6 weeks I thought it had seen too much action to warrant purchasing. The previous owner bought it, rode it a few times and then traded it in for a Downhill bike. If a bike with 5" of travel, front and back, isn't enough for someone, then they are obviously hucking off of some serious stuff. That fact combined with some pretty serious scratches/dents from wrecking, and the shifting not being that great told me everything I needed to walk away. It was a shame but how pissed would J be if I helped him spend a grand on a bike that didn't shift smoothly?

No comments: