Friday, May 30, 2008

Sick Sucks - Nav Walk

Sick
   Sick
      Sick
         Sick

And I do not like it
not one little bit.

I started noticing a sore throat last Friday and a week later I'm still hacking up lung matter from a nasty little bug that took me out over Memorial Day weekend. This week was fortunately scheduled as a Periodic Recovery week where I was supposed to take it easy. Yesterday, I fought the urge to go to the gym or for a jog and opted to go for a 3 mile walk over lunch instead. I marked 43 points around the Montford area on a GoogleMap. During the walk, I practiced keeping the map oriented and staying found as I walked to the various points.This turned out to be a wonderful exercise. I saw tons of cool houses, landscaping, gardens and scuptures I hadn't noticed running. Even though I was on streets that I've run dozens of times in an area I know well, it was quite mentally challenging staying focused on my task for the entire 50 minutes. Walking 3 miles is silly easy, think-walking 3 miles leaves my brain smoldering and in need of a break. I definitely need to incorperate focus based workouts in the future.

No comments: