Monday, May 5, 2008

Camp Grimes O-Meet

The Workout:
2.5 hrs orienteering w/ 15 lb pack

Saturday I cruised up to the Camp Grimes Mecklenburg Scout Reservation just south of Marion, NC for my first Orienteering meet. The details of that excursion will be on my AR blog. I kept to a brisk walk or slow jog pretty continuously for the duration of both courses with a brief intermission while I copied down the controls from the second master map.

I knew I was tired at the end but it really didn't catch up to me until Sunday afternoon. The family and I went out to Fletcher Park for a picnic and walk. When Ellie (from up on my shoulders) asked me to run fast, I had no motivation to do so which is very rare for me. I could tell by a quick jog over to the restrooms that my legs were trashed. Later, I succumbed to a 2 hour nap.

Note to self: Be sure to eat and drink enough or you will bonk.

No comments: