Thursday, April 17, 2008

45 min gym cardio workout

The Workout:
45 minute cardio workout

1 mile run - treadmill, level, 7:45 min
1,000 ft climb - stair master, level 7
1 mile run - treadmill, level, 7:45 min
Row machine - level 8, 10 min
50 decline sit ups
1 mile run - treadmill, level, 7:45 min

I was a bit tentative after my weekend excursion but after 3 solid days of resting, I was ready to get in a lunch workout. I made a deal with myself to take 1 week off from running every time my ITB feels like it might be acting up and it felt a little stiff on Friday. The loophole in this little agreement is that running on an impact dampened treadmill with moderate speeds, no incline and for short distances doesn't count against me. It is a beautiful day today with blue skies @ 77 degrees but honoring that agreement, I headed for the Gym. Fortunately I had the place to myself. On the treadmill, I could watch myself run from the side and try out little postural tweaks. While not perfect, my running form seems fairly clean. I felt like I could run a 7:45 pace all day. The stair master is getting noticeably easier. The row machine felt good but I'm not pushing that hard. It felt weird to wrap things up after only 45 minutes but was decent for a designated light day.

No comments: