Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spivey Mtn Run

The Workout:
Run 6 miles (3 each direction)
1000' climb
1hr 5min

I was home the first half of yesterday hanging out with a daughter suspended from daycare for a day for blowing out her diaper. Bethany came home around 11:30am to take over and I opted to go out for a run. I headed back up Spivey Mountain road. I made it to the gas station in 4 minutes and stretched for anther 4. I hit the gate at the end of the road and continued on up to the radio towers. The grade is steep and I was taking BABY steps but managed to run all the way to the top ater 31 minutes total. It was 78 degrees and nary a cloud in the sky. (a.k.a. hot as balls) I didn't linger for long on the top and ran down only marginally faster than the way up to minimize impact. The whole endeavor took 65 minutes. It was very satisfying to get this one in the bag.

* Towards the end of the way back, I noticed a slight twinge on the outside of my left knee. Nothing major but I think I'll spend 1 week on the bike before running again just to be sure.

** I didn't take any water and was suprised to see that I lost 5 lbs of body water weight in a little over than an hour.

No comments: