Friday, April 11, 2008

Lunch run w/ pack

The Workout:
4.5 mile jog w/ backpack
3 sets of 3 hs push-ups

It might be our last nice day for a few weeks so I couldn't pass up the lunch run. Today I did a something different by running with a pack full of work clothes, books and H20. At ~10lbs it was very manageable and comfortable. My cardio is getting better and I'm maintaining a fairly low heart rate at slower speeds. Around mile 3, my left ITB felt a little stiff so I slowed to a fast walk. After about a half mile I decided to try running fast to see if it still hurt. It didn't so I finished the last mile (mostly uphill) at a decent clip. My legs just don't seem to agree with low impact, short strided chi-running no matter how energy efficient it is. I will take tomorrow off and plan to
bike Sunday morning.

Jason texted me 3 sets of 3 last night so I was obliged to match him.

No comments: